Friday 5 June 2009

On a private plane with a celebrity !

After a morning at work, Liz took me to Staverton airport to catch the plane to the Isle of Man for the TT Races. When I got on the plane I had two surprises: one was how small the plane was- the pilot gave the safety briefing kneeling down! - the second was that I was sitting next to John Sergeant (recently of Strictly Come Dancing fame). He was not very entertaining though, as he spent the whole (45 minute) flight listening to his mp3 player.

The first part of the flight was not too bad, but when we started the descent towards the IOM it became very bumpy, and the landing was very rough!

Geoff picked me up from the airport in the hired minibus, and 1/2 hour later I was at HQ getting into my uniform ready for the evening practice races. I went to the Grandstand and signed on as a marshall, and covered the finish line until roads opened at 21.30- by that time I was freezing cold, as I had forgotten to take my bomber jacket.

Back to HQ for some toast, followed by Jammy Dodgers with a cup of tea, then off to bed now, ready for an early start for race day tomorrow- weather dependent!

No comments:

Post a Comment