Tuesday 24 January 2012

Has it really been two years....

....since I last set foot in my blog? I had almost forgotten I had one until my brother-in-law Rob (of cotswoldgreen blog fame) mentioned that he had updated his.

There have been quite a few changes in my life since my last update, firstly I have changed my job, and I am now the Strategic ICT Manager at the newly formed Gloucester Academy. This means that I no longer repair computers, as all my time is taken up
with meetings and projects. The only down side is that the new academy is not within walking distance of home.

My role at Cotswold Green has changed as well, instead of fuelling the buses, I am now the Compliance Manager (part time). Different challenges, and an enjoyable change from my day job.

I still volunteer with St John Ambulance, but instead of managing the Stroud unit, I am now the Senior Operational Services Officer, and my responsibilities now include line-managing all of the adult units in the county!

We have also bought a camper van! A 28 year old Volkswagen T25 high top called Doris. This is to replace our caravan, and now I have had the additional seatbelts fitted in the back, and installed bunks in the front and in the roof, the whole family (including the dog) can fit in for holidays and weekends away. So far we have had a weekend in the Forest of Dean, and a few overnights in the local area. Pictures will follow as soon as I remember where I saved them!

I am also well on the way with my collection of brother-in-laws! Ange and Rob got married in March last year, then my sister Rebecca married Gareth in October, bringing my total to three! I hope I don't have any more new family members added, or I may have to let one of the three go!

Hopefully now I have remembered how to use the blog I will be back soon with more updates!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not commenting on this one because im annoyed at you leaving Stroud SJA.

    ReplyDelete