Tuesday 10 March 2009

Late Start, RM Tutor, and a Governors Meeting


I got up late this morning, and was rushing around trying to get everything ready to go, when my phone went. It was one of my colleagues Julie, asking if I wanted a lift to work. Good timing! Eventually got myself sorted and out of the door, so arrived at work on time after all.

At school we use a package called RM Tutor to monitor what the students are doing on the computers. It is a good piece of software which lets you do all sorts of funky things, like restricting internet sites, taking control of their keyboard and mouse, and locking their computer when they are supposed to be working. We had a bit of an issue this morning, as a teacher had used RM Tutor during their lesson and locked all keyboards and mice in the room, then left at the end of the lesson without unlocking them again. The next teacher in was unable to do anything about it and I had to run around the school trying to find the teacher to unlock it with their laptop. This wasted about 20 minutes of a lesson.

There was a steady stream of students at the office door up until lunchtime, all requesting password resets or to be logged of other computers- they don't seem to get the idea that when you finish using a computer you need to log off!

At lunchtime I went outside to do my duty, and as I walked out the door, it started to rain. Luckily it was very light, and only lasted a few minutes, but I was glad when the bell went and I could get back into my warm(ish) office.

I spent most of the afternoon copying music from CDs and finalising the ICT Development Plan ready for the Governors meeting this evening.

After work today I went straight into the Finance and Premises Committee meeting, where among other things we discussed my ICT Development Plan. The chairman thanked me for my work and said it was a "comprehensive plan", and some of the points will be brought up at the next meeting. I was pleased with this outcome, as it had taken me ages to put it together!

Walked home in the freezing cold, and since I had got a lift in the morning, I didn't have my coat on. I did get home to a nice warm house, and sat in front of the fire with a coffee to warm up. It's been a long day, so I think I will probably have an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment