Wednesday 11 March 2009

Library System, Chocolate Cookies, and an Early Finish

I managed to get up on time this morning, so had a leisurely walk to work for the last time this week, as tomorrow and Friday I will be on duty at Cheltenham Festival.

First job is in the main hall, to help sort out a technical issue with connecting a laptop to the data projector. When I get there, I find that there is no power to the Audio Visual cupboard, and nothing is working. I get hold of the site manager and the AV technician on the radio, and between them they find the tripped switch, and get everything working just in time for assembly.

I spent some time in the library this morning, battling with adding the function to export pupil details from SIMS (the school information management system) into the library system. I was on the phone for a while with their technical helpline, who have not managed to solve the problem yet.

I had a nice treat after lunch, when Claire (one of the supply teachers) brought in some home made double chocolate chip cookies- they were very nice!

Next I had a phone call from one of our suppliers to say that the extended warranty for some laptops which they had quoted at £10 each were actually going to cost us £40 each- I was not happy about this, and considering I have just spent £12,000 on laptops with them, they are not getting away with it! I am now waiting for them to call back to let me know what they are going to do about it.

I am finishing early today, as I have to get all my stuff sorted out for the next two days at the races. On Thursday I will be a Cycle Responder- on one of the St John Ambulance mountain bikes, and on Friday I will be in Silver Control, directing all medical resources on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment